Layering Basics

By Marky - 3:10 AM

So many backlogs and this is one of them. Ugh for not updating my blog regularly, as I am very busy as a Visual Merchandiser. So hey there, i'm back! Wanted to share my outfit last November 17 at work. As you all know how much I love sweaters, I got a new sweater again from Surplus Shop. Let's talk about my outfit, it's all about layering. There are plenty of rules but all you have to do is to follow the simple rule of thin to thick, avoid bulky and oversized items altogether. The purpose of layers is to create a warm, sophisticated look that's both smooth and complementary. As you start building a layered outfit, start with the lighter fabrics like what i'm wearing underneath and heavier ones on the top. 


Layering is best used for casual occasions and is generally not appropriate in more formal settings. Keep in mind, however, that a layered combo can include one or more classy pieces, such as blazer matching with a classy bag. Also, wanted to share my new bag I got from Lacoste employee sale. Yey! 


Polo shirt from Memo.


Sweater from Surplus Shop.


Loafers from W. Brown and Bag from Lacoste.


New Tapered Jeans from Oxygen.


Eyeglasses from SM Accessories. Watch from Casio. 


Photographed by Mickey Ongsioco.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments