Green Terno x 5 Mantras for 2016

By Marky - 6:48 AM

I want to do something different this 2015. Instead of reflecting on what has happened this past year. I want to look forward while embracing the past years. 2015 was a year of no resolutions for me, and this propensity will continue well beyond that. I am at a point in my life where I am quite honestly making crazy resolutions that I can't keep simply because I wasn't too invested into them in the first place. It's about time to wrap things up.


1. Go Slowly

With everything. Talking. Eating. Taking a shower. I noticed when I was super stressed out about things, I had a tendency to run around like a lunatic, doing several things at once, often times having to re-track my steps because I was so distracted that I left several things out. Now, whenever I feel like I'm rushing to get things done, I slow down my pace, take a deep breath, and take my time with whatever it is I am rushing to do.


2. Travel More

When it comes to planning a trip, it can seem all a bit too much whether it is the large amounts of research, saving as much money as you can, or changing your lifestyle slightly to help reach your goal. Ang hirap mag plano. My highschool friends are planning to go on a short trip on holy week, maybe a beach trip at Panglao, Bohol. Also, our first out of the country trip on May. Sana matuloy!


3. Be kind

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."


4. Keep your head up and your heart open

I repeated this over and over again after my past sentiments. After being with the same person for over 20 years, I quickly realized that this kind of thinking wouldn't get me far. I trusted myself that If I just kept my head up and my heart open, good things would come into my life. By actually keeping your head up, smiling at people as they walk by, and keeping aware of your surroundings, you may notice something or meet someone that you potentially could have missed had your head been down. 


5. Establishing a better relationship with yourself

Fairly certain that this is very universal thing-we are our own critics. Our minds have this great ability to pick everything that we do and do not do. Judgement and dissatisfaction all come the same place and it's a rift that only grows more substantially as we continue into adulthood. It's only when we become self aware that we can break this seemingly endless cycle. 


Green terno by yours truly.
 Zara Mandals
Lacoste Bag

Thanks for viewing!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments